We’re Here To Help!
Call our caring staff with any questions or concerns!
Instructions for patients undergoing intravenous sedation or general anesthesia:
- Nothing to eat or drink at least 8 hours prior to surgery (this includes chewing gum, candy and water). If any food or liquid is consumed by the patient this may result in rescheduling surgery.
- If pre-operative medications have been given to the patient, please take medications 30 minutes prior to surgery with just enough water to help the medication go down with the exception of antibiotics which should be taken 1 hour prior to surgery.
- Please have a responsible adult drive you to and from your appointment.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing to your appointment. Avoid pantyhose and long sleeves as we will be placing monitors on your hands and feet.
- Tie long hair back in a ponytail
- Remove all contact lenses and jewelry. We recommend you leave these items at home.
- Have at least one fingernail on each hand free of dark nail polish, gel nail polish and acrylic nails.
- Avoid smoking before surgery
- Do not swallow any water while brushing teeth before your appointment
Pre-operative antibiotics are not routinely recommended for most procedures. Antibiotics are sometimes recommended for patients with certain medical conditions including artificial heart valves, prosthetic joints and immune system deficiencies. Please take the medication as prescribed.
The management of anti-coagulation therapy is dependent on a number of different factors (including specific medications, medical condition and the nature of the surgical procedure). Specific recommendations will be determined at your consultation appointment. Consultation with the prescribing physician may be needed to plan the procedure.