Immediate non-occlusal load (INOL)
- An INOL is a temporary abutment and crown that is made and delivered on the same day that the implant is placed.
- A coordinated appointment is made for the patient to be seen in the restorative dentist’s office after the implant is placed.
- Recommended for anterior placement only
- This provisional restoration is fixed in place and is not designed to be removable.
- The Essex retainer is made of clear plastic and is vacuum-fit to be worn over the teeth.
- It is made by the restorative office prior to surgery.
- Designed for esthetics. Not ideal for chewing on.